The rainy blog: Before I begin...
Love is rain
Monday, September 11, 2006
Before I begin...

It's going to be a hectic week ahead, with three assessments due in, so before I start, a quiet moment of meditative and preparatory writing (ie procrastination) is in order:



"Our mind is like a cloudy sky, in essence clear and pure but overcast by the clouds of delusions."


Sunday held much needed chill-time... I met with Tenzing in the morning, for breakfast at Piazza Victoria, and he gave me an important lesson in finance in a two hour sitting! I think I'm ready to look into investing in some shares... he was trying to convince me that share trading is much more profitable... but I don't think I've got the time for such a thing!

It was good to catch up with my dear friend :) :) :)

In the afternoon, caught up with Yogi (and her friend Cindy) to go to the Ian Potter gallery for Charles Blackman's Alice in Wonderland exhibition. Very thought provoking! Apparently, he painted the whole series while his wife was pregnant and going blind. He found the spatial distortion experience by Alice to be amazingly parallel to that which his wife was going through. The awkwarness and sadness, as well as the love he had for his wife really shines through in all his paintings in this series!







And... who do we bump into on the way out except for Mr. NLC convenor 2006/7, Eric Pang? And despite him being from WA he asks me: "What are YOU doing HERE??!!"

But well... I need a break from studies and work, too :)

I haven't yet mentioned the most important part of the weekend: spending a little bit of time with my Daeshy...

Something is wrong with me, seriously! I've started crying when I know I'm not going to see him all week...WTF??! I mean - I don't see my family, other friends, etc for years, and when I say bye to them I kinda go "Ok, see ya" and walk off! And this is just one friggin week!

Oooh... one bit of important info! I'm an AUNT AGAIN! Congratulations to P'Ed and P'Sally for their second child, "Sea", a baby girl who I'm sure is as gorgeous as her older brother "Sand". I'm still waiting for pictures!

...*sigh*...

Time to get to work...

fon @ 7:12 AM link to post * *