The rainy blog: Minor heart attack
Love is rain
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Minor heart attack

I was thinking today around 2:30 that I would check in on Julie to see if I would have gotten my previous essay back...

And she goes "It's being double-marked"

...

Oh...

And the she goes "We get things double marked when it's either going to be a fail or a better mark"

...

"I really enjoyed reading it though."

So Heather Bowe, who is double marking it isn't free until 4...

I'm thinking "... though"

"I enjoyed reading it... THOUGH"

What does that mean??!

You've failed but it was a good read?!

So, in the meantime, I'm thinking that I've failed, shit, there go all my f****** plans down the drain, I won't graduate in time to start honours next year!

Remembering that Alex was still around uni 20 mins ago, and he wanted to go have lunch, I give him a call (he was home already), vent, and spend time being in a panic on the phone...

Then I come into the library, totally disoriented, and vent to two other linguistics students, who reassure my a little bit (and also comically both spill their teas at the same instance accidentally, causing a bit of a situational panic)...

Then Alex calls, feeling sorry for me and comes back to Uni to have a beer with me and mentally psyches me for failure (at this stage I'm sure I've failed it), and says it'll be ok even if I do fail - I've just got to learn to keep going on even if I do fail.

And the time comes... I go and talk to Heather.

I told her what Julie said, and she says I have to get the paper back from Julie, although she has marked it.

She says "You didn't fail though... we only get things double-marked when it might be a fail or an HD. You didn't fail though!"

fon @ 2:39 PM link to post * *