The rainy blog: Update:
Love is rain
Monday, September 18, 2006
Update:

It was an HD ...

87% in the bag for a third year level course just like that!

Hehehe :)

If you are really keen to read it (ie, if I happened to survey you and you are interested to know how your data helped me), the project is downloadable from here

There's a footnote of mine on page 20 which reads:

"My father often comments that he regrets giving me such an international upbringing, ... constantly moving countries, as he believes that this makes it impossible for me to have any identity at all"

Julie (who marked my essay) added a comment to my footnote:

"My own father told me not to stay away from Australia for over two years, as that would make me an 'international person', which is terrible. Sounded good to me. I stayed away for 23 years."


Just a little disclaimer, though: When I got it back from Julie, she seemed disappointed with me. She said "You could have done a lot better - I don't normally say that to somebody who has gotten an 87% on an essay though."

Well, true. I could have done better. I realised this when I read it over. To start with, the referencing was all wrong. The writing was hurried. There were a few links which I should have made, but didn't.

But hey. It's a third year paper... I'm not an academic quite yet! I guess I should just be honoured that she has faith in me :)

fon @ 2:32 PM link to post * *