The rainy blog: stressed and stupid
Love is rain
Thursday, November 30, 2006
stressed and stupid

I'm just not thinking straight anymore... my apologies to all those who are affected by it!

Househunting has proven especially draining... everyone wants a one bedroom place it seems, and the last person a landlord gives a lease to is a young foreigner.

*sigh*

Everyone is also looking for share accommodation. I sat in this total stranger's house for over an hour on Tuesday night, and shared a bottle of wine over a rather good conversation, all for the sake of making an impression over 50 other people who would like a place to live.

I still haven't heard back from him, but I guess he's taking his time seeing who should take the spare room. It's like that everywhere. It's not about whether or not you can afford the rent, and whether or not you are responsible... it's a popularity contest!

So, since Kelvin is also going through the same ordeal, we've decided to join forces, and 2 bedroom flats are somewhat more numerous, cheaper for better quality... just that.... erm, well, we aren't alone then... But it's actually alright, considering we both want to live in the same area, and have roughly the same criteria. And, besides, it'll almost be like living alone, because he has a 9 - 5 job, and I've got a night-time job.

I realised last night that I seem to be afraid of being alone, too. I couldn't sleep until really late last night because... I was SCARED??! Am I stupid or something? Perhaps the share-house really is a better idea.

A small ray of hope: I got rejected from a place today... but the real-estate agent who called me was really nice. She said there was nothing wrong with my application, and that they are happy to keep it for other properties that they have - it was just that 8 people applied for the place, and the owner chose someone else. :(

But that means atleast my applications are on the right track!

Yay :)

On another note... Daeshy's mother is here... so I won't be seeing him for three weeks... and talking to him very little. *sigh*

I also booked in to get my learner's permit.... sitting a test next wednesday, and then Elvira will teach me to drive... Uh-oh... I don't know if it's such a good idea... I can just imagine her screaming at me "ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING??!!!" Hahaha... I'll soon find out!

fon @ 9:28 AM link to post * *