The rainy blog: Blind study session
Love is rain
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Blind study session

I've never been on a blind date in my life before... and I'm not about to start now, but this evening will perhaps be the closest I'll ever come to it.

Here's an excerpt from an e-mail exchange:



D: "we can meet at the provincial hotel at the
intersection of bunswick and johnston streets. If you have any
problems finding the place, give me a ring on [number deleted]. I'll be the
sri lankan guy wearing black pants and a business shirt."

Me: "Ok :)

Hmmm.... I'll be the half/half (thai/finnish - i don't think that's very helpful) looking a bit lost...

I'm sure I'll find you :) I'm sure there aren't that many people around carrying PHL books :P"


Is it just me, or have I irrevocably become a nerd? I'll actually meet up with a perfect stranger to study!

But, last week when some guy approached me on the beach and tried to give me his e-mail address and suggested we go on a coffee, I pretty much snubbed him straight out.

Welcome to Nerdland.

On another note... Sid comes back ... tomorrow night!! I was given the night off work, but I really wish I hadn't been, because then I'll be all fidgety at home!

fon @ 7:11 AM link to post * *