The rainy blog: Nostalgia...
Love is rain
Friday, July 20, 2007
Nostalgia...

Another nostalgic day behind me… and of course I forgot my camera at home… Not that there was anything specific to take a picture of… but well, for one, I saw an old friend of mine, Heikki, who hasn’t been doing quite as well as everyone else… he’s been in and out of hospital with schizophrenia. Emma had scared me into thinking that meeting him would somehow be really really traumatizing, so I went with Ilpo to see him, and left very little time for the meeting… at the end, however, I had a good time. I guess it really depends on peoples’ personal perceptions of things, how good or bad things are.

After that, went over to Niklas’ place and saw a whole lot of pictures from Malawi… highly nostalgic for me, since those are pretty much my childhood memories. And Cape Town, a bit of Kenya… My own childhood revisited. I guess once you’ve been to Africa, you’ll always have a bit of it in you…

Now I’m just waiting for the bus with an almost drained battery (will post once I’m home)… over a beer at ‘Rotterdam Bar’, where Heini and I had a few drinks on Tuesday. Kamppi is such a shock to me… It’s all new and different. But hey, things change.

I guess Niklas just has me feeling very very nostalgic. Over dinner at Mt Everest (a Nepalese place), I had a small theological discussion with him. And it seems that no matter how much lives change, and people develop, there’s always that little bit of your heart that will always recognise a person you once loved. So, for that reason, I walked off feeling so confused.

Sidhaesh: I know I rarely ever mention you in this blog… but I guess this is a good time. I know it must be difficult for you to read all of this. I mean, if I were in your shoes, it would be difficult for me. But the fact of the matter is just like what we talked about before I left – that no matter what, there’ll always be a special place for each other in our hearts. And I guess in this situation with Niklas, it works the same way. I hope you are not mad. I promised to tell you about everything.

Well, that was a fragment of my past though… and it makes me miss you even more. I hope that tells you something positive. And I hope you know – I mean really know that I love you.

But that’s that… on a lighter note: tomorrow I’m going to have a bit of work at some place on Annankatu (Anna’s Street), right in the centre… I was informed that all I have to bring are black shoes and stockings… the rest are provided… oh my god… what am I wearing at work??!

Some Australia pics I uploaded:

http://monashedu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15275&l=c4703&id=533997463

http://monashedu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=15225&l=f25b9&id=533997463

fon @ 4:50 AM link to post * *