The rainy blog: Bochum Blues...
Love is rain
Saturday, September 08, 2007
Bochum Blues...

I'm sleepy, tired, and pissed off at the Germans for deliberately swapping the place of the y and z one the keyboard just to make me type slower. And for not having anyone in the country that knows how to configure an apple computer.

But besides that, I'm having a rocking time in Bochum. I've recently elected myself the head of delegation for USA at a red cross and crescent (simulation) conference, and of course, nobody wants to talk to me cos we are the US team. That means I get to take a lot of verbal abuse and a few nuclear attack threats, but otherwise don't do very much for a couple hours in the afternoon. My idea of a great time.

We are highly welcome in Bochum, it appears. We've had a welcome session every single day, and two today! We've heard at least 10 times that the weather in Bochum isn't really that horrible, (so we should come here for semester 2), and that NOHA is really the greatest Erasmus Mundus programme in existence. We are very proud, yes, thank-you.

But cynicism aside, I am, of course apologising to all for not responding to e-mails. And I am having a good time. Naturally. I think I'm going to enjoy this course thoroughly and meet some very fascinating people (well, I've already met quite a few). And I'm now not quite certain whether I would rather go to Ireland for my second semester, or to Bilbao.

For all those interested, Niklas is returning to Helsinki from DR Congo on Sunday, so you guys can call him on his old number yourselves...

Girls, ... I mean, Lay-des! - I miss you. Mimo, thanks for that sweet post about me. Summer was perfect, despite the bruised eyebrow and almost missing wedding ring (I think that actually made things even more fun!

This post is uber-boring. It ends here.

fon @ 1:52 AM link to post * *