The rainy blog: Ping-pong!
Love is rain
Friday, September 21, 2007
Ping-pong!

You know that mysterious way that ping-pong balls just kinda bounce in every possible direction once they are off the table? Well, I feel a little like that right now. So... this year has been a bit crazy - my route, since July, has been Australia -> Thailand -> Finland -> Sweden -> Denmark -> Germany -> Netherlands -> Germany -> Netherlands, and now to Spain. That isn't really that odd, considering that many people backpack these days and travel, etc. Only, I wasn't traveling! I was moving. Ok, so really ->Australia -> Finland -> Holland -> Spain. I still say that moving countries (not traveling, but lugging around my whole life) three times in the space of three months is a little excessive.

But that's not the only reason I feel like a little featherweight white ball. As you may know, I was meant to study in Groningen. But due to some shifting demographics (namely, an Italian person in Spain hopping off to Uppsala in Sweden), it just so happened that I managed to get a little foot in a little door in Spain. And initially, I got my foot stomped on and the door slammed in my face after some deliberation as to whether I should be let in ("We're sorry, but that's not possible"). Then, after reconsidering their position, vis-a-vis the disappearing Italian, they after all felt that perhaps I should be let through ("We had another meeting and thought, why not?"), and held the door open for me with a smile.

So, between having my hopes entirely crushed on one day and jumping up and down for joy the next, I'm now almost certainly going to Spain. I've gone through all the crappy bureaucratic formalities and bought a ticket, gotten myself somewhere to stay when I get there (and even someone to greet me at the airport!). Heh. Even though I'm not such a huge fan of Paulo Coelho's universalist thesis, I do have to agree that right now it feels as though I wanted something and the universe conspired to make it happen.

¡Hola Deusto!

Now I just have to figure out a way to eat as much food as I can before flying to Bilbao (with a seven hour stop-over in Palma de Mallorca - better hope for good weather so I can sleep in the sun for a while) because my cupboard is STILL absolutely stuffed with food that my parents helped me bring over, and I hear EU regulations on flying food can be pretty stringent. And Sam's getting my blue inflatable chair (random comment).

Hmmm.... and a big big big thanks to Begonia, Isabelle and Olga for helping me iron out the kinks in my terrible written Spanish in my correspondence with the Deusto gatekeepers! *MWAH* I owe all these girls a drink of their choice!

fon @ 3:17 AM link to post * *