The rainy blog: The days grow longer...
Love is rain
Friday, November 02, 2007
The days grow longer...

Another day with Autumn Leaves stuck in my head... "I miss you most of all my darling, when autumn leaves, start to fall". I think that song was plaguing me two months ago... and well, it's doing it again now. Except this time I haven't exactly said good-bye to anyone recently. Or, well... maybe I have. And maybe that's why I'm feeling down.

The days grow longer... not only in the sense that it is autumn in Spain [I've had autumn in four countries this year - Finland (August), Germany (September), Holland (September), Spain (October-November)], but that I'm also leaving things to the evening. I was going to go to the post-office before 1.30, but then I here I am, on my sofa, reading "Zones of Peace" (ed. L. E. Hancock and C. Mitchell)... and it's 2.20.... siesta time. I guess that means it's not until 4.30 or 5.00 that I should worry about moving myself from this spot. It's always mañana, mañana here... I love it. I still haven't opened a bank account. I haven't registered with the town hall or police. I haven't paid my school fees, and I haven't enrolled at uni. And nobody cares...!

So... Zones of Peace, waiting for Green Leaf Christmas Tea from Sweden (thanks to IKEA), listening to Bay Smooth Jazz Internet Radio, and well... Mañana, mañana.

The only problem is that tomorrow never really comes. Not the tomorrow that I'd like to see, anyhow.

Bloody África. She's back from a walk, and has jumped on my lap with muddy paws.

Did I mention that Bilbao is NOT sunny all the time? Just cos it's in Spain, it doesn't mean it's nice. I mean, it's nice, of course, but certainly not in the cliché Spain sense. Here it's about the landscape, and the antiquity... For those of you who don't quite get me - and are not on facebook - here's some photos from San Sebastian (on a rare but much appreciated sunny day)

It makes me look forward to the day when I move to Bkk to work. I won't be suffering from many days of overcast skies, anyhow.

This is África:




fon @ 8:14 PM link to post * *