The rainy blog: The Irish Leprechaun
Love is rain
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
The Irish Leprechaun

Tonight a leprechaun searched my soul with four simple questions, which I answered honestly. I wish I'd never met the leprechaun.

It all started Sunday night with two films. The first one was 'Juno'. I enjoyed it. A lot. The second one was 'A Tough of Spice'. It told me about life through the eyes of a chef. I guess it was the second one that really touched me. It was honest. And it made me see that life is like a stick of cinnamon - it can be bitter, and it can be sweet.

But so I went to sleep deeply uncertain about many things in my life. Most of all, not sure about why I've been so sure recently. Then I woke up to a somewhat grumpy Sneha (I'm in Dublin, visiting what has to be one of the loveliest women I've ever met in my life) on St. Patrick's day.

Well, no matter how much we like to believe that we are an island, the moods of other people do have the power to affect us, and today, considering how important Sneha is to me, I felt off all day. It's not her fault, and already I know that it had nothing to do with me... we all have our bad days.

The day started for me with a jerk, and so instead of going down to join the others for breakfast, I decided to stay up in Sneha's room (after running down to get a cup of coffee) and paint my face for the St. Patrick's day parade. I love dressing up for an occasion, and so I painted a big green star around my left eye, and a smaller on on my right. Then I proceeded to pass through a relatively fun, if somewhat grumpy day.

It was at the last bar that we arrived at many hours after the parade, and perhaps several guinness behind us that I met him. I was dancing with Marta and Etxazo when he approached us with a tube of those little candies with hearts on them that say things like "Be Mine" and "Bye bye" and "Whatever" and "I love you" and offered them to us... At first he was very interested in what Marta's and Etxazo's said, and ignored me until he nonchalantly offered me one and was uninterested to hear what mine said and left.

But after a bit he came back, and noticing the stars on my eyes, asked me how I'd done them. "I painted them", I said. "Have you got your paints here?"... "Yes! Would you like me to paint you some stars?". "Yes".

I had some trouble finding my jacket, though, and that's where the paints were. And honestly, I was a bit too lazy to look for it well. So I told my leprechaun that I couldn't find it. He called me a liar. So I, hating being called a liar, since I am a terrible liar, told him the truth. That I wasn't sure where it was, because I hadn't put away the jacket myself - and also that I was lazy. But in the end I found it. And as I painted his face, he told me a little story... well, more like asked me some questions. It goes like this:

You are walking in a desert. Walking, walking, walking, through endless dunes, and you see a cube. Yes a cube. Describe it. Is it big or small? What colour is it?

Done?

Then, you see a horse. Where is it? Describe it if you wish.

Got your answer?

You see a ladder. Where is that? And other details you want to add?

Finally, you see a flower. In relation to you and the horse and the ladder, where is it?

The answer revealed this to me: I have quite a small ego, apparently. But that's not important - it's just part of the meaning of my answers. What struck me was the rest of it. My friends are crazy and I keep them close. I also keep my family close. But as for my love life? I keep it distant, but I still know exactly where it is and what's happening with it.

Scary insight.

And Mr. Leprechaun disappeared when the stars were drawn. The end.

p.s. Tell me if you've got answers to the questions and I'll tell you the analysis!

fon @ 10:10 AM link to post * *