The rainy blog: Total inefficiency!
Love is rain
Monday, March 03, 2008
Total inefficiency!

Ever since December, I’ve been meant to appear before the “juzgado de instrucción” – regarding the case of the robbery that occurred in November. The first time I was in Tanzania when a notice to collect a letter from the post office arrived. By the time I got back and went to collect it, there were three messages from the court people who had tried to reach me, and whatever had arrived at the post office had already been sent back. Apparently, I was meant to have appeared in court at some stage. Then I got another little notice in my mailbox. This time, I collected the little envelope that that court sent me, presenting my passport and signing for it.

The letter was threatening me with a fine of 200 – 1,500 Euros for not appearing in court, and gave me another date, which, unfortunately, was a date for when I already had a ticket bought to be in Finland. Screw that!

So now, I got another one. I again went to the post office, signed for a letter asking me to appear today… and well, this time, being in the country, I decided to go. And for what? To receive a piece of paper that notified me that the trial is, indeed, over. And to sign for it. That’s all. They didn’t even bother looking at the passport which they said I had to bring. In the end, at least the post office made sure it was me signing for the letter. Why didn’t the bloody judge just send it to the post office instead of threatening me with massive fines for not showing up to receive a piece of paper I really couldn’t care less about??

What a way to fall out the wrong side of the bed! Aaaargh!!!!

fon @ 4:46 PM link to post * *